20111002

Today We Slack

Copyright © 2011 Ernest Bloom.


What's the matter with all these
People? Zombies musta sucked
Out their brains. Who left the door
Unlocked and let the body-snatchers
Inside? Wake up you idiots! Alarm!
Open your eyes! Allen Ginsberg
Howled back at an earlier generation.
Can't you feebles emit more than a
Plaintive text or a tweet? They grind
Your future into sweet sausage and
Stuff it down plutocrat and pop whore
Holes by the bucketful. Pissant
Treachery, lumpishly pissing every day
A little bit more of the world and your
Own soul away. Where'd my world go?
Where'd my good ol' world go? And I
Don't wanna hear about the superior
Next world, my hamstrung dear. What's
Wrong with all these morons? Looks like
Their brains leaked out in the night,
Puddling the pillowcases oily green. And
Anyway I can't see why you'd want or
Need shocked alive by the likes of me. So
Go on and sleep, little dreamers; baby
Don't cry. Today we slack; tomorrow
We die.






click the article title above, and then click:

No comments:

Post a Comment